Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Create Your Own Background for a Scrapbook Layout


Winnie and Walter Blog held several challenges last Saturday for the World Cardmaking Day. I always enjoy joining their challenges. Something I will definitely look forward to next year.

I am participating in the Anything But A Card Challenge with Kelly. With the only W&W stamp set that I own, I created this layout featuring my sons' photos taken during last year's Picture Day. My scrapbook layout is sized at 9 1/4"x12". I die cut a white cardstock using a Mama Elephant stitched rectangle die from the ME Peek-A-Frame Creative Cuts. I repeatedly stamped a descriptive word from the W&W The Big, Bold And You stamp set using a grey dye ink. I inked the edges by blending Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pumice Stone. 


I stamped the 'you' sentiment on vellum using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I embossed this with a clear embossing powder. For the subsentiment, I stamped it on black strip cardstock and heat embossed it with white embossing powder. 





I randomly adhered some Studio Calico and Lucy's Cards silver star sequins as a finishing touch.

I hope you find inspiration in this creation to look at your stash of stamps to create something other than a card.

Thank you for viewing my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at 

1 comment: