Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Wobbly Cricut Die Cut Birthday Card


I had my 5 year old son participate in creating this card by making him choose through the Cricut images. This cute cupcake image is from Cricut Create a Critter cartridge and the one he chose for the birthday celebrant. I just followed the colors of the die cut layers adding details to some of the layers. I blended a Simon Says Stamp Doll Pink dye ink on the pink frosting. I applied clear Wink of Stella on the brown layer which will show through the holes for the eyes and mouth. I stamped dots on the purple cupcake wrapper using a stamp from Mama Elephant Boutique Borders stamp set. using Versamark ink. I heat embossed this using Wow! Pearl White embossing powder. I ran a marker on the sides of the red cherry to hide the white core of the red shimmer paper. I added Glossy Accent to the cherry.

I splattered and sprayed Prima Cotton Candy Color Blooms to the front card base. After this has dried, I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn Party Animal stamp sets using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I heat embossed the sentiment using clear embossing powder. I personalized the card by stamping the celebrant's name using Lawn Fawn Violet's ABC stamp set.

I made this into an interactive card which is usually a sell-out to kids or even grown-ups. Am I right? I adhered the die cut to the card base using an Action Wobble spring. Here is a video showing the Wobble Spring in action.


I stamped another birthday sentiment on the envelope from Mama Elephant Make A Wish stamp set. Since this is a big stamp, I used the Misti Stamping Tool to repeatedly stamp the sentiment until I get a good impression.


Thanks for viewing my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation at




2 comments:

  1. This card is too cute, love the design – thanks for joining in the Lemon Shortbread Blog Challenge – Sarah DT – http://magentasnowflake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up to “Virginia’s Summer Blog Party”! I am so glad that you share your beautiful summer creation!

    ReplyDelete