Sunday, June 4, 2017

Acrylic Painting for a Cause



I rarely get to attend crafting classes due to schedule conflicts but I was very fortunate to be able to attend one at Checkered Cottage. They offered a free painting class last June 1. I arrived with whatever paintbrush I own to find out that it is a painting class using acrylic paint. I only used acrylic once with a foam letter stamp. I am more into watercoloring.

Barb, the class instructor, was very supportive and patient for a newbie like me. The picture actually looked good, but I am the worst critic of myself. In real life, I didn't do a good job putting the highlights and shading. My colors were too strong..

I learned different techniques in acrylic painting. I learned about dry brushing with the use of a different kind of brush that I have never worked with before. To me, it looks like a miniature stencil brush. I also learned how to use a flat brush to create shadows. I don't think it is going to work using watercolors but I can give it a try. My flat brush is always used to apply a color wash to my background.

Now, the question is will I go into this as a part of my crafting. It was fun to learn acrylic painting but just like what one of the attendees said when they talked about stamping, that she doesn't want to go into stamping because of the cost. Same here. I have invested a lot on my own kind of crafting. I just wish I can attend these kind of classes again wherein I just bring myself and my paintbrushes.

Like the header says, this creation is not something to make and bring home. This will be donated to a hospital and will be given to parents who has lost a newborn to hold items that will make them forever remember their loved one. What more can I ask for in a class?

Thanks for viewing my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

No comments:

Post a Comment