Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Cricut 3D Flower Corsage


It is the time of the year when my son, who is in band, will have their last concert for the school year. I failed to post the flower corsage I made for his band teacher during the winter concert, so, I will post a photo of that flower corsage at the end of this post. Unfortunately, since it has been months since I made that rose, I don't have the exact measurements of that flower.

For the Spring flower corsage, I cut a patterned paper @ 8" wide. I inked the edges gently using TH Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick to hide the white core of the patterned paper. I poke a hole at the center through which I inserted a floral wire. I twirled the paper using a quilling pen. A glue gun is a must for this kind of project to secure the twirled flower to the base which also secures the floral wire. I curled the petals out to make the flower realistic looking. I sprayed the flower with pearlized water. I squirted some Nuvo Crystal on the center of the flower. I set this aside to dry.

I cut a green patterned paper for the leaves. I secured the leaves to the base of the flower using glue gun. I was afraid the leaves will be ripped since the patterned paper is not thick. I applied Ranger Multi Media glue to the back of the leaves.  I am hoping that once the glue dries, it will add some stability to the leaves. I also brushed glittered Stickles to the top of the leaves.

I wrapped the floral wire with a floral tape. I then, created a bow, using a sheer ribbon.



For the box, I cut a 7"x7" white cardstock. Using the Martha Stewart Scoring Board, I scored this at 3" and 5". I rotated the paper & scorted it on the same marks. I heat embossed my store logo to the inner bottom panel of the box before adhering the sides. I used acetate for the box cover.

I always struggle with coming up with the right measurement to create the size of flower I have in mind. Since this is 3D, the flower size in the canvas in Cricut Craft Room is larger than the size of the 3D flower once it is twirled and assembled. I added a comparison photo here between a 6" cut and an 8" cut flower.


And, here are the photos of the winter flower corsage.



Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

No comments:

Post a Comment