Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Pop-Up Scene Card


It is a new challenge at Incy Wincy Designs. The image I am using is from one of our sponsors for this challenge. The moment I saw this image, I knew I have to use it for an interactive card. I created a layered pop-up scene card! There are lots of detail in creating this card. I think the process of creating this card will be better described in a video tutorial. Too complicated and confusing if I try to post the instructions here in the blog. Anyway, if you have any questions on how certain parts of the card was created, feel free to post it in the comment section. I will get back to you as soon as I can. In the meantime, I am posting photos and a little description. Enjoy!


This is the front of the card. To unify the design of the card front and the inside of the card, I used sentiments from one stamp set, Mama Elephant. I used the same technique, heat embossing. And I used patterned papers from the same paper pad, Doodlebug Frosty Friends.


This is a shot of the card from the top showing my own created pop up mechanism. With the growing cardmaking industry, some companies sell pop-up dies to make these cards easy to create. I don't have one so I made my own pop-up mechanism using scored cardstock strips and a very strong adhesive.


A close-up of the scene. Aren't the images so, so cute? My mistake in placing my watermark on the banner but I hope you can appreciate it on the other photos.


I applied glue to the trim of the snowman's hat using a glue pen. I poured Wow! White Puff Powder embossing powder, heat set it, and look at that! 

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you join us at Incy Wincy Designs So,So Cute Challenge. I hope you find this creation a cute one. Have a blessed &. brilliant day! 

Maria Giselle

5 comments:

  1. I love this! the coloring is so amazing itself, and combined with the popup? Pure perfection!


    My blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun pop up card. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us at Digi Choosday Challenge. Good Luck! Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card! Those little pop up figures are delightful and that banner is too much fun! Thanks for joining us over at Digi Choosday! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning pop-up scene Christmas card you have made. It fits our challenge this month well of “little people”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge Blog Design Team Member).

    ReplyDelete