Monday, February 20, 2017

Combined Puncher & Dies Embellishment Card


With the metal die craze today, who is still holding on to their punchers? I do! I remember that the product that attracted me to crafting is the Martha Stewart punchers especially the border punch. For this card, I am using MS Eyelet Lace border punch.

I uploaded the digital image to Cricut Craft Room and used the Print & Cut feature. I printed the image on Strathmore Bristol paper. I colored the image using Zig Clean Color Brush markers and blending it out with clear Wink of Stella marker. I ran a black marker around the edges for a finished look.

For the background panels, I am using patterned papers from a Forever Friends paper pad. I cut the paper per border punch instructions. This is one of the disadvantages of the punch. It is hard to customize the panel. To be able to have a continuous punch border design, you have to follow manufacturer instructions on paper size. With the metal dies, you can do partial die cutting to customize the size according to your project. 

I used a square metal die to cut out a square from the punch panels to create frames. You can always just use a craft knife for this purpose. The use of a die is just convenient in being able to center the square without having to measure.

I die cut a pink vellum into squares a little bit bigger than the inner edge of the frame. I embossed this using an American Crafts Doily embossing folder. To make the embossed design pop, I inked the embossed design with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pumice Stone. I brushed some Ranger Perfect Pearl to this. The slow to dry property of TH Distress inks and the slick surface of vellum helped set the Perfect Pearl. 

I cut a white pearl card to create a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" panel. I adhered a 4" x 5 1/4" patterned paper to this. Next, I adhered the punched frames with the embossed vellum adhered to its back. One of the punched panels is wider but than the card base. I trimmed off the excess as part of the design. This layered panels were adhered to a top folding A2 sized note card.

To ground the digital image, I am using an October Afternoon washi tape which has a sentiment printed on it. Using a craft knife, I trimmed off the edges to create a slimmer sentiment washi tape. I adhered the digital image using foam adhesive.


Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed and brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us at Lil' Patch of Crafty Friends.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, LPoCF DT

    ReplyDelete