Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Diddybag Celebrate You Shaker Card


I am late in posting a project for Incy Wincy Design's bi-weekly challenge. I just came back from vacation, and I am usually unable to predict what craft items to bring with me. I always feel overwhelmed on what to bring. So, I just limit myself to coloring during trips. The good thing is that my images are now colored and cut. I also have a design lay out in mind.

I am using an old Crate Paper patterned paper line, Hello Love. I die cut a window using Pretty Pink Posh Window Frames die. I changed the orientation of the die to give it a twist.

For the sentiment, I am using a sentiment from My Favorite Things Celebrate Life stamp set. I am using words from two stamps. I used masking technique to be able to stamp the sentiments to make it look like the impression is from one stamp. I heat embossed this with Simon Says Stamp Rose Gold embossing powder. To make the sentiment pop, I colored the sentiment with Copic Opaque White. I colored the rest of the sentiment with a light pink marker.

To assemble the shaker card, I adhered a clear acetate on the back of the window panel. I cut a fun foam slightly smaller than the window panel. I die cut the window on the fun foam. I adhered this to the back of the window panel. I poured sequins over the acetate. The sequins are from SSS and Martha Stewart Crafts. I closed the window with another patterned paper from Hello Love. I adhered this to a white base card.


I adhered the bear to the front using foam adhesive. The image was colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  I colored the hearts on the patterned paper with clear Spectrum Noir Shimmer pen, and I adhered the same hearts I used for shakers to some of the hearts. I rounded the corners on the left side with We R Memory Keepers Cropadile Corner Puncher.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you join us in our Celebrate challenge. Have a blessed and brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.





No comments:

Post a Comment