Monday, November 14, 2016

Layered Stamping and Embossing


I have difficulties using layered stamps. I am amazed at what others can create from this kind of stamps. I just got to try again, right?

I started with creating the front panel. I repeatedly stamped the sentiments from Hero Arts Christmas Crystals stamp set. I positioned the words on an acetate. I made sure it is straight by using a T-ruler. I also made sure the 3 words are properly spaced. The acetate stabilizes the word stamps to prevent it from shifting. I am using the Misti Stamping Tool. I picked the word stamps by closing the door of the Misti onto the acetate. The word stamps attached to the Misti door. I then removed the acetate. I cut a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" red cardstock. I stamped the sentiments repeatedly using Versamark ink. I started at the middle, moving the cardstock down, then shifting it to the left or right. The Misti grid lines are very helpful as a guide in moving and shifting the cardstock for even spacing. Once I stamped the whole panel,  using a soft brush, I pounced some pearl Perfect Pearl on the stamped sentiments. Once I've covered the whole panel with Perfect Pearl, I mist the panel with water to set the Perfect Pearl. I dried this using the heat gun. I buffed of the excess Perfect Pearl using a Swiffer.

To create the window, I used a My Favorite Things circle die. I temporarily adhered the red cardstock onto a note card, then ran this through the Sizzix. I also die cut a mask using the next biggest sized circle,

The Christmas tree is from HA Christmas Color Layering Tree stamp set. The set has 4 layers to create the tree. I practiced first with the colors I was planning to use to see if they match. I think aside from aligning these stamps to create a layered look, choosing the right color combination is another key to come up with good results. Using a stamp positioner can also be helpful.

I stamped the base layer on the back panel of the note card using HA Field Green ink. I restamped the image using HA White Unicorn Ink to lighten the color of the first impression. I don't have a lot of coordinating green inks so this is one way of creating variety of shades especially if you have limited supplies.


This is where I kind of messed up the image. I thought I've dried the Unicorn ink well enough. I stamped the second layer using Versamark so I can emboss it. My mistake. After I poured the powder, guess what happened? The powder stuck to the base layer with the Unicorn ink. Oh well. Moving forward, it was actually a happy accident. I used Wow! White Pearl embossing powder on this base layer. After the powder melted, I like the look of it! Continuing, I stamped the 2nd layer and embossed it with HA Silver embossing powder. The 3rd layer, I used Wow! Gold Rich Pale embossing powder. And, for the last layer, I used Wow! Snow Puff powder. For the star, I embossed this using Wow! Gold Ultra High embossing powder.

For the tree background,  I used the negative portion of the mask and adhered this, centering the tree on the circle. I also created a mask for the ground. I blended Simon Says Stamp Sea Glass ink for the sky. I used HA Soft Granite and Silver inks for the ground. I added Nuvo Crystals drops for accents.


I stamped the sentiment in red ink. I adhered the red panel on the card front, making sure the circle windows are aligned. I added a Lawn Fawn twine and tied this into a bow at the top of the card.

Thanks for viewing my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation with



No comments:

Post a Comment