Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Flocked Stamped Sentiment


Do you remember that time when flocking was all rage? Messy work but the fuzzy dimension is eye-catching. I am featuring the flocking powder in this project.

I embossed the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles onto the front of a top folding 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" white note card. I used an embossing mat to achieve this look. The mat prevents the metal die from cutting the cardstock. Using Tab 2 in the die platform, I applied the embossing mat, a cardboard for extra shim, and the cardstock with die sandwiched between the two plates. I adhered the die with washi tape to prevent it from shifting when I run it through the Sizzix Machine. I was only able to use the two largest rectangles of the SSS die for this card.

I prepared the middle panel for embossing. I positioned the stamp on the Misti Stamping Tool. I first tried using the Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder to attract and adhere the flocking powder. I was not quite happy with the results so I resorted to the Tsukineko Essential Glue Pad. The results with flocking are better using this.

I adhered a very thin strip of double sided tape along the scored lines, avoiding the stitched impressions. I poured Elizabeth Crafts Warm Diamond to these strips and burnished the glitter using my finger. To make this pop, I drew a line around the rectangles using a Copic Marker.
I also added Doodlebug sequins.


To burnish the flocking powder, I covered the flocked sentiment with Swiffer cloth and used a bone folder to apply pressure to the flocked area. When I lifted off the Swiffer, it also picked up the extra stray flocking powder that I was having a hard time brushing off.

Is there a supply in your craft room that you have not used in a long time? How about you take a look and use it alongside with new released embellishments.

Thanks for viewing my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.

I am sharing this creation with



1 comment:

  1. Oooh, fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete