Monday, November 7, 2016

Collage Nativity Card


The challenge for me in creating this card is coming up with coordinating embellishments to re-create the lay-out of the sketch in today's bi-weekly Incy Wincy Designs Challenge. I used Copic markers to color the image. I later end up fuzzy cutting it leaving a small white border.


For the background (which is just one of many =)), I used Strathmore Bristol paper to blend Tim Holtz Distress inks. I blended Tumbled Glass to the whole panel, which is about 4 1/2" x 5". I have no definite plans at this point so I ink blended the whole panel. I masked one part at a time to create rays coming from the right upper corner of the panel. I blended Blue Sketch and Faded Jeans to create the night sky part while the light areas are the rays coming from the star. I pounced pearl Perfect Pearl powder on the light areas. I later cut this using the second largest SSS rectangle die. It was too large for my intended lay-out, so I partially die-cut it to create a custom sized rectangle.

Looking through my Christmas paper packs, I am using Fancy Pants Timbergrove collection. Following the sketch, I created a panel using two different patterned papers. I taped it on the back before die cutting it using Simon Says Stamped Stitched Rectangles die. I used the biggest rectangle to cut this half & half panel.

I created a hill to ground the scene using a light brown cardstock and die cutting it with Avery Elle-ments Custom Panels die. I die cut to create some layers. I added stitching details to the outer corners of the ground using the SSS die. I embossed it with a We R Memory Keepers Tide embossing folder. I inked one with TH Ground Espresso, and inked the other with Vintage Photo.

For the upper half of the panel, I added stars. I die cut a Hobby Lobby vellum with spots of glitter using the SSS die. The spots were not enough to create a starry night sky. I can't find a star stamp in my stash that I like to use for this card. So, I used some silver Studio Calico star sequins and adhered it under the vellum for a muted look.

For the corner elements of the sketch, I stamped a sentiment on the same green patterned paper using an old Inkadinkado Christmas stamp. I heat embossed the sentiment using two different kinds of pearl powder from Wow!, a white and a silver. I didn't see any difference between the sentiment was heat embossed. Even if I did aim for a variation in colors between the star and the sentiment, I just kept it as is. I cut this in a triangular shape for the top right corner, sort of where the rays are coming from. For the bottom corner, I die cut the wood grain paper using a Paper Smooches Toppers Wise Die.

I added shimmer to the hay using clear Spectrum Noir. I added Novu Crystal drops to the stars and to the bottom corner embellishment.

Before I started adhering the elements to this collage card, I ran the edges of the base card on a Versamark ink pad. I applied Wow! Rich Pale Gold and heat embossed it.


A lot of details in creating this card. I hope you like it. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a blessed & brilliant day!

Maria Giselle B.


No comments:

Post a Comment