Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Masked Stamping & Copic Coloring


My youngest son loves My Little Ponies. This inspired me on how to color the unicorn of the Paper Smooches Spectrum stamp set. I created a mask of the unicorn by stamping the unicorn onto a Post-It note. I allowed the stamped image to dry on the Post-It note. Even if I use a dye ink to stamp on the Post-It note, it smudges if I touch it right away. 
I stamped the first unicorn on the left side of an Express It paper. I used a Memento Desert Storm ink because I plan to do no line coloring of the unicorns. I used the second generation ink for the image which just means stamping the image onto a scrap paper first before stamping it on the Express It paper. I lined the mask on top of this unicorn. Repeating the process described, I stamped the unicorn onto the right side of the first unicorn. I repeated this process another time to create three unicorns with the illusion of one is slightly in front of the other. 


I don't have the Copic markers that match the colors of the My Little Ponies that I chose (Pinkie Pie, Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash.) I just got by with the closest that I have. Thanks to Google, I also found this website that guided me in coloring the unicorns (http://andypriceart.deviantart.com/journal/Copic-Markers-and-Pony-colors-408215100.)

After I colored the unicorns, I colored the horn with Copic Spica in clear for sparkle. I cut out the unicorns and used a blade to cut in between the unicorns. To ground the unicorns, I cut a textured kraft colored cardstock using a Mama Elephant stitched border die to create a hill. I embossed the sentiment on the right side of the hill using Versafine and black embossing powder. 


To create the background, I used Prima Color Blooms to create splatters of colors. I used Cotton Candy, Soft Teal and Tea Stain. I splattered the colors on a Strathmore Bristol paper. After this has dried, I die cut this panel using a Simon Says Stamp Double Stitched Rectangle die. I also used this to create a stitched impression on the bottom part of the stamped hill.


I adhered the hill on the bottom of the color splattered panel, then adhered the unicorns on top of the hill. I matted this panel with a patterned paper, then adhered this to a white note card. I added Glossy Accents to the horns of the unicorns. I also added white dots on the nose of the unicorns using a white Gelly Roll pen.

Thanks for viewing my blog. Have a brilliant day.

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to:

 



2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card Maria! Love the rainbow colored unicorns and that splattered background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Maria! The unicorns are adorable and I love the pretty background you've created.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete