Friday, October 2, 2015

Christmas Tree Petal Die Cut Card




I have two motivations in creating this card. One of which is to join the Avery Elle's challenge. The other motivation is to use Doodlebug Frosty Friends 6x6 paper pad for this card. I am so excited to mash up these two brand of products into creating this card. The focal point of the card will be the tree. I used the petal cut from Avery Elle Custom Panels Elle-ments. I cut this three times. The only way to make it look like a tree, as suggested by my eldest son Rudy is to stagger the size of the die cut, with the top being smaller then gradually getting bigger. So I trimmed the sides of the two pieces. I am enjoying using my decorative edge scissors ever since I used it on a previous project. I trimmed the curve edge of the petal making sure that I follow the curve of the petal while I am cutting. I added some details to the dot randomly using Uniball Signo White Broad and Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Clear pens. I inked the edges. I scored the die cuts. I staggered these die cuts and adhered it using a dimensional tape. Now, the tree is done and it is time to create the background.

After choosing the pattern papers that I will be using for the card, I cut the gray patterned paper using SSS Stitched Rectangles die. I used this to cut a light blue patterned paper but I only cut it at 3" long so I can save on paper. This will serve as the ground for the tree and the area where I will be stamping the sentiment. I use the curve die from the Custom Panels.

To create the sentiment, I masked the word birthday from the Avery Elle Brushed Stamps to stamp the word happy using Versamark ink. I applied Ranger Liquid Platinum to this and heat embossed it. To complete the sentiment, I used Technique Tuesday Say It-Happy stamp set. This was also stamped using Versamark and embossed with the same powder.

For the trunk of the tree, I use Art Alternatives Barc Wood tape. I die cut using the stitched edge of the SSS Stitched Rectangle die just to trim the width down and also to get the stitched impression.

Before adhering the patterned papers, I spritz the gray patterned paper with pearlized water. I zapped this with a heat gun to dry it. I tried to captured the glimmer in camera but I couldn't. I adhered the slope patterned paper to this using foam adhesive. I adhered the barc tape next and applied some foam tape to the back of the overhang tape to make it even with the slope. I adhered the tree next using double foam adhesive. I then applied the hexagon die cut to the top of the tree. This was cut from gold glitter tape and using the middle sized hexagon from the Custom Panels. I also punched a star using a silver glitter tape which I adhered with a doubled foam tape at the back.

I cut a 4 1/2 x 5 1/4 blue paper from the same Doodlebug line. I adhered this to a white notecard. I then adhered the patterned paper panel to this.



Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamp: Avery Elle Brushed, Technique Tuesday Say It-Happy
Die: Avery Elle Custom Panels Elle-ments
Paper: Doodlebug Frosty Friends

I submitted this creation to:


No comments:

Post a Comment