Thursday, October 15, 2015

Christmas Pop-up Card



I created the pop-up mechanism first. I cut a white cardstock at 8 x 5 1/2. I scored this at 4 inches. Using a retractable knife, I cut two parallel slits to create the platform. I scored the slits on both the top and bottom where the cut ends. I folded the score lines.

Then it is time to create the pop-up elements. I stamped the stockings onto a watercolor paper.  I applied watercolor to each stocking based on the colors in the photo inspiration. I cut these using the matching die. I die cut extras as well. I applied a snow marker for the top of the stockings for added dimension. I applied Clear Wink of Stella to the stockings.


I wanted a simple background to let the pop-up elements stand out. I scored the pop-up panel vertically. I used a Copic marker to accent these embossed lines. I adhered the colored stocking to a twine, then sandwiched the twine with another stocking die cut. I let this dry in between stockings. After I adhered the 3 stockings, I tied the twine to the platforms. I squirted a dot of liquid glue into the knots and pinched this with tweezers for better adhesion. I applied a stocking to each platforms.


For the sentiment, I stamped this using Versafine Onyx Black. I applied clear embossing powder to this, then heat set it.



To create the note card, and to continue the simple theme of the card, I scored the front horizontally. I used the same Copic marker to accent these lines. I stamped the sentiment into this space using the same ink and heat embossed it as well.


I adhered the pop-up panel to the note card using double sided tape, making sure not to apply tape to the pop-up slits. For added embellishment and cover the gap between the pop-up panel and the note card, I adhered a clear decorative tape. I used the same element to the front, too.


Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamp: Paper Smooches Merry Motifs
Die: Paper Smooches Merry Motifs coordinating die

I am submitting this creation to:

 

I am saddened by the imminent closing of PS Challenge blog. They gave me my first win, and I will not forget that. One of the cards I submitted to their challenge blog got featured in their PS Patrol, and most recently, in their Facebook page. Savannah O' Gwynn is one of  the first to post a comment in my blog, and that truly made me happy. I will miss the weekly challenges, even if I don't participate all the time. I'll do my best to create a card in the challenge blog's last 3 weeks as gratitude to their never ending creativity to inspire other cardmakers like me. Thank you very much, PS Sparks!

2 comments:

  1. ADORABLE - and such perfect take on our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw you were a featured player on PS web site. Loved your card. Glad to see more details posted here. I'm going to have to give your card a try. Thanks and Congreatulations!

    ReplyDelete