Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Watercolor Marker Colored Vellum Card



I wiped a used dryer sheet onto the vellum I will be stamping on. Using Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink, I stamped the MFT Roses All Over Background stamp to this. I poured black embossing powder to the stamped background. I rarely use black embossing powder but I wanted to create a vibrant black background. Making sure the heat gun is heated enough, I zapped the vellum, moving the heat gun so as not to scorch the vellum.

Now its time to color. I colored the reverse side of the embossed vellum. I usually use Copics to color this but the colors I am using are not bright enough to be seen at the right side of the image. So, I tried the watercolor markers. I used two brands of watercolor markers for this project since I am still building up my color collection. I just used the markers itself to blend and move the color. I did not attempt to use a water brush for fear of warping the vellum.

For the outline, I re-made a die cut window card using a rectangle die. (The first time I made a card using this technique, I used a circle die. Here is the link to that post, http://ienjoywhatido.blogspot.com/2014/11/one-paper-pack-self-challenge.html.) I die cut the sentiment three more times to create a stacked sentiment embellishment. Since the rectangle die is smaller than an A2 card, I trimmed the vellum panel to the same size as the rectangle die. This also served as a place where I applied liquid adhesive to attach the vellum.

I want to still create an A2 card. To fill in the gap at the sides of the rectangle, I cut strips of cardstock to go around the rectangle panel. I adhered the rectangle panel to the note card with foam adhesive making sure the foam tape is not too wide to show through the vellum panel. I applied Wink of Stella to the sentiment for shimmer.


 
Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

I am submitting this creation to the following blogs:

 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. o wow... awesome card... i love the marker technique you used on vellum here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use black embossing powder often either, but your card is inspiring me to get it out! The floral background is just STUNNING! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the stained glass effect on the background. Very beautiful! Great card. Thanks for linking at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)
    Cheers!
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete