Saturday, May 30, 2015

Baby Shower Pennant

I created a pennant for a baby shower. I challenged myself to look through my stash and create from what I have.

I used the Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge for the pennant and the font. I cut the pennant at 5". I cut the font at 1.1" making sure the relative icon is highlighted so the letters are sized in relation to each other. I just purchased an Elizabeth Crafts glitter powder, and I can't wait to play with it. I was unsure if I can cut a double sided adhesive sheet with the Cricut so I used the Cricut Pintable Sticker Paper to cut the fonts. I flipped every letter before cutting because I had the release paper laid directly on the mat with the sticker sheet on top. This will allow me to pour the glitter on the sticky side of the sheet, and the letters will be correct.



For the pennant in between the words, I created a spinning embellishment. I used a Fiskar Stamp set to stamp the onesie on watercolor paper. I fuzzy cut this after coloring it. The stamp set only came with the front side of the onesie. So for the back, I masked the neck and the leg openings. I drew lines using a black marker to mimic the lines of the back of the onesie. This was fuzzy cut as well. The front and the back were adhered together with a thin thread sandwiched between these. I made sure it is aligned and snipped off extras. Using a circle die, I cut 2 white circles as a border to emphasize the onesie. This also sandwiched the thread that will spin the onesie. The pennant is also adhered to another pennant to sandwich the rest of the thread. This ensures stability of the spinner. Allowing enough dry time also makes this mechanism successful.




After I threaded a yarn through the holes and took a photo of the pennant banner, I decided to embellish the yellow pennants some more, which I wasn't able to photograph. I added a die cut heart to the middle of the onesie, applied Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents to it. To the other yellow pennant, I stamped 'Hello Baby' onto a vellum strip, heat embossed this using white powder. The strip was wrapped around the yellow pennant. My apologies for not taking a final photo, I had to bring the banner as soon as the Glossy Accent dried. I wasn't present during the party to take photos of the the banner.

As for my challenge, all supplies came from my stash. Hurrah!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Supplies used:
Pennant & Font: Cricut Birthday Bash Cartridge
Paper: DCWV Nana's Kids Stack, Cricut Printable Sticker, Watercolor Paper
Glitter: Elizabeth Crafts
Die: Simon Says Stamp Stitched Circle Wafer dies
Stamp: Fiskars Special Delivery
Marker: Akashiya Sai Watercolor Brush Pen


No comments:

Post a Comment