Friday, December 12, 2014

Daffodil Pin Corsage

It is that time of year that school concerts are held, in which two of my sons are participating. I usually make something for Sr. Gail (the band teacher) during spring concerts. But since my schedule worked out, I was able to create a flower pin corsage for her for this season's concert.

I recently purchased two Cricut cartridges, 3D Floral Home Decor and Pretty Packages. This is the second cut I made using the 3D Floral Home Decor. I did slow down the speed setting to cut the pieces. I don't think putting the pieces together will take a long time unless, you decide to embellish the pieces which I did. I inked all the cuts. The cardstock I used is actually cream in color but I inked it with vanilla and yellow.I also sprayed pearl mist to the pieces for shimmer. This also helped in softening the cardstock for easy manipulation to curl the petals and make the flower realistic.

At first, I was using Glossy Accents to adhere the edges of the floral pieces. I later shifted to glue gun (which I am still a mess with) when I had to stack the floral pieces on top of each other. From hereon, it is all glue gun. I cut the flowers at 3 inches making sure every piece is relative in size. I also cut three leaves using the leaf shift image on page 2. I think I cut it 3 inches, too. This is often my mistake. I do not write down the cut sizes of my images. I should really work hard on taking note of the sizes in case I have to do it again.

I inked the leaves as well. I adhered it center tabs to create a curved leaf. I spritz it with mist.


 

To give this wouldn't be complete if it is not in a box. I created a Geometric Crystal Box using the Pretty Packages Cartridge. 

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Die-cut Machine: Cricut Imagine
Cartridge: 3D Floral Home Decor
Ink: Hero Arts Shadow Ink Field Greens, Soft Leaft & Soft Vanilla, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Squeezed Lemonade & Wild Honey
Mist: Ranger Perfect Pearls Perfect Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment