Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snowman Tag

I created a tag to join the Twine It Up! January Challenge: Let It Snow! 


It is a tag, includes a snowman and snowflakes. I don't have a Trendy Twine (yet) so, I used embroidery thread instead. I didn't know they come in an ombre pattern. Cool!

Tag is size 5 (4 3/4 x 2 3/8.) Image stamped first, then masked. Stamped snowflakes on background with VersaMark ink. Distressed background using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

I colored the image using Copics. I poked holes on outline of scarf. I hand-stitched the scarf using embroidery floss. I layered the hat. I ran the hat through my Sizzix die cut machine. I poked holes on the hat trim outline. I hand-stitched the hat trim using embroidery floss.


My initial plan is to have the snowman hold a banner of hearts but then I changed it to a sentiment. I was going to use vellum first but it covered the scarf which for me, is the focal point of this tag. So, I used acetate. Cut it into a banner, as if the snowman is holding it. I painted Wink of Stella to the bottom trim of the hat. I am still having a hard time capturing the shine in my photos. I also used clear Gelly Roll Sakura pen on the dots of the hat. I applied some Black Ranger Enamel Accents for the eyes.

I doubled my card stock to hide the back of the stitching. I added a sentiment, stapled a ribbon, and now the tag is ready to be attached to a gift or given as a a card.

Thanks for viewing my blog.

Maria Giselle B.

Stamps used: Hero Arts Snow Much Joy, Hero Arts Snowman Christmas,  Hero Arts Holiday Sayings, Paper Smooches Warm Hearts, Mama Elephant Confetti
Inks used: VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet, Dusty Concord, Tumbled Glass,) Stazon Opaque Cotton White
Copics: R20, RV11, B00, W0, YR04, Y08
Embossing Thread: DMC Mouline 4200

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable!! Love how you used the embroidery thread for his hat and scarf. Brilliant!

    Thanks so much for linking up with us for the Trendy Twine Challenge.

    Lesley @ Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super adorable!! What a CUTE snowman with his stitched hat and scarf!
    Thanks so much for sharing and linking this up for the Trendy Twine Monthly Challenge! Hope you will join in again next month for a brand new challenge!!
    Jessica
    TT~DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute little snowman, he is so adorable! The details on the hat and scarf with the embroidery thread are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet snowman! The twine scarf and hat are awesome. Thanks for playing along with the Tag It! Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete