Sunday, November 3, 2013

Always Be Thankful

I am submitting another card to Paper Smooches Picture Perfect Challenge. This is the inspiration photo...


And this is my take on this photo.



For the background, I stamped the Hip To Be Square on white card stock using Versamark ink. I applied clear embossing powder then heat set it. I then distressed it using Tim Holtz Distress ink pads (Tea Dye, Spiced Marmalade, Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint & Dusty Concord.) I don't have a mini spritzer so I just lightly tapped my paint brush after dipping it on water.  

For the main focus of my card, I used the Cyber Cafe stamp set. Do you recognize which of the stamps in this set I used? 
1. The tea leaf stamp is used to create the wreath. I stamped it in different colors based on the colors of the inspiration photo. I have different brands of stamp pads. I used whatever I have. I colored it using Copic markers. Fuzzy cut it after.
2. The coffee steam was stamped twice. First as is. Then I mirror stamped it. After fuzzy cutting it, I pressed this on Versa Mark ink, applied Ranger Embossing powder in red tinsel. Heated it. Now, it's a bow for my wreath.
3. For the sentiment, I finally have a new stamp set from PS, the Merry Motifs. But since my card is a Thanksgiving card based on the colors, I masked the joy on the 'always be joyful' sentiment. As for the thank part, I used Cyber Cafe 'a cup of thanks' sentiment, masking it except for thank. 

This card used a lot of masking. It is such a joy to be able to stretch your supplies. Thanks for visiting my blog!


Close-up of the wreath. The vellum helped in softening the inside circle of the wreath. 

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous wreath! LOVE your entire design and all the details on this card:) THANKS so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge! Hope you join in the fun this week for the STRIPE trend watch challenge;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Perfect take on the inspiration photo! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete